What is project?
“A set of activities aimed to achieve a specific objective AND have a Clear Start, middle and end and budget”
What are the problems common to all projects?
- Time overrun
- Budget overrun
- Compromising the content due to time and budget overrun
All projects are SAME!
Frequent common reason given by project leader?
- Company forced an unrealistic schedule to start with.
- It was dictated that we choose the cheaper vendors, even though it was known that they are less reliable.
- In spite of repeated warnings, effort work started too late.
Frequent common reasons given by corporate?
- It’s all somebody else fault.
- A long list of finger-pointing lower the level of the person, the more the finger points internally, rather than externally.
- It is all somebody else fault corporate mentality: Always blame the external world.
- Blame it all on uncertainty.
- Uncertainty is what typifies PROJECTS, It is the nature of the beast. Condition of the game. It’s our job as a team leader to produce results in spite of uncertainties.